AUSTIN (KXAN) — A hearth broke out late Monday evening at Texas French Bread Bakery. The Austin Fire Department responded to the fire at 2900 Rio Grande Road just before 11 p.m.
Personnel known as in firefighters and documented smoke filling the constructing. By the time crews arrived, firefighters saw flames taking pictures through the roof. All individuals personnel escaped the constructing unharmed.
It took crews about 3 hours to get the fireplace underneath manage.
An update Tuesday afternoon from AFD mentioned the fire brought about $1.1 million in harm to the creating and $500,000 to what was within. AFD mentioned the fireplace was accidental and triggered by a “mechanical failure.”
Texas French Bread Bakery and Bistro has been around due to the fact 1981, according to its web page.
Jackson Arnold, a university student at the University of Texas at Austin, mentioned his mom and dad don’t forget heading to the bakery when they ended up college students at UT.
“It’s a staple of this location,” he mentioned. “I travel by it just about every day, the foodstuff is wonderful, and it’s likely to be dearly missed. With any luck ,, it’ll be equipped to get again to what it was.”
A different man or woman KXAN talked to at the scene mentioned it was like “losing a little bit far more of Austin.”