SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (Edited Information Release/KY3) – Smaller companies in Greene County could shortly apply for American Rescue Program Act (ARPA) funding.
The software system starts on Wednesday, April 20. The county will get $56.9 million in federal ARPA resources to support community financial restoration efforts from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Greene County Commission allotted around $8 million for modest organization ARPA apps.
The commission designs four funding rounds for the next two yrs with roughly $2 million readily available just about every cycle. The 1st round of funding will open to little organizations in the county for six weeks, long lasting right up until May possibly 31. The county designs to open a spherical of applications for nonprofits at another time.
Modest enterprises must present a report demonstrating how they have utilized the grant to assist organization operations.
The eligibility standards for ARPA funding:
• The business need to be positioned in Greene County, Missouri.
• The organization ought to be a for-gain or family-owned company that employs 50 or much less complete-time staff, including the proprietor(s).
• The business ought to not hire undocumented immigrant personnel and have to be enrolled in E-Verify.
• The business have to have existed in Greene County, Missouri, as of March 1st, 2020.
• The enterprise will have to demonstrate the existence of detrimental impacts incurred because of to the COVID-19 public health emergency since March 1st, 2020.
• The organization is not suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds.
The following are allowable works by using for ARPA funding outlined by the U.S. Treasury Department:
• Profits Decline Mitigation – Money may possibly be applied to mitigate money hardship these types of as declines in revenues or impacts of intervals of enterprise closure, for illustration, by supporting payroll and added benefits fees, fees to keep employees, property finance loan, lease, or utility prices, and other working expenses.
• Services – Organizations may perhaps use the cash to employ COVID-19 avoidance or mitigation techniques, this kind of as actual physical plant alterations to help social distancing, enhanced cleaning attempts, obstacles or partitions, COVID-19 vaccination, screening, and so on.
Small enterprises cannot use ARPA funds for the pursuing expenses:
• Spending non-organization credit card debt, this sort of as private credit playing cards for buys not connected with the business enterprise. • Personal bills include things like obtaining a new relatives car or truck or making repairs to a home.
• Direct financing for political activities or shelling out off taxes and fines.
• Order of private merchandise.
• The obtain of medicines, tobacco, or alcoholic beverages.
• Food and amusement.
• Travel not linked with immediate business enterprise functions.
To use for Greene County ARPA cash, click on on the orange “American Rescue System Act” tab on the www.greenecountymo.gov homepage. Then click on the ARPA smaller business software sub-url to start registration. The Greene County ARPA workforce will host a modest business software workshop on Wednesday, April 27, at 2 p.m. to help homeowners sign up and respond to any questions. To be a part of the virtual conference, use this hyperlink: https://www.gotomeet.me/GCCommissionOffice. No account development is important. Greene County acquired an preliminary ARPA funding deposit of $28.4 million in 2021 and will receive the remainder of the funds later this year. The county must expend the ARPA cash by Dec. 31, 2024. Enterprises will have to total all jobs by Dec. 31, 2026.
To report a correction or typo, you should e mail [email protected]
Copyright 2022 KY3. All legal rights reserved.